Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Resolutions

It's January 30th, and I've finally made a New Years resolution. Three, actually.

My first is to make Talkins a shockadin. When I first heard of this build, I've been thinking about making the switch, and the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I recently obtained the Banish More Demons daily quests, so I finally had a reason to hit things again on Twalkins. Being holy spec, the best way to do this is to play him as a shockadin. I was amazed at how much damage I was actually dealing in nearly all healing gear and no points in ret. On top of being able to solo effectively again, I will be able to pvp on Twalkins (Yeah, I can pvp now as a holy spec, but in my opinion, pvp is for hitting enemies. I don't want to only heal in pvp), and I can still offheal if my guild needs me for a run. As of now I am the only viable main healer (along with a resto druid or two) for Kara, so this change will happen once our other paladin healer and two holy priests ding Kara-ready. I may start healing pvp a bit, just to get a taste of it as well as some honor.

My second resolution is to make Twalvanis (My dr00d) able to tank Kara. He's pretty much there, he just needs more agility and less defense rating (428 out of the needed 415 - some gem replacements will fix that). He's already able to kitty into Kara very well, and he can probably offtank it as well. Our guild currently has three Paladin tanks (one of which will very soon be a warrior tank) and a Druid who can tank, but doesn't like to.

As for my third resolution, it's sort of been a resolution since I hit 70, but it was put on the backburner for a long time. That is getting my epic training. 11000 gold and a long quest chain to give it to both of my toons, though I'm only really worried about getting it for Twalvanis right now. He's my grinder/farmer.

On a slightly unrelated note, Bellwether of 4 Haelz is working on a list of every single druid skill, their advantages, and disadvantages. I think this is a great idea, so don't be surprised if you see something like it in the near future about paladins from me.

No comments: